Years ago a dried fatty meat, or pemmican, was used as an emergency ration. It was kept in lifeboats and aircraft because even though it was not very appealing, it lasted a long time and had a great caloric content per weight. Now we have a better alternative; the Mainstay 3600 Emergency Food Ration.
The Mainstay 3600 Emergency Food Ration, like the Mainstay 2400 and Mainstay 1200 Emergency Food Ration, is an almost universally used emergency food ration and is a great alternative to the bulkier MRE. Each Mainstay 3600 Emergency Food Ration has a 5-year shelf life, is non-thirst provoking, and withstands temperature extremes. Additionally, the Mainstay 3600 meets U.S. Coast Guard standards and have packaging that meets Department of Defense Guidelines.
Each Mainstay 3600 Emergency Food Ration contains (9) 400-calorie meals in individualized potions. Mainstay Emergency Food Rations are must for any survival kit and fulfill the current requirements regarding supplemental food for flights in Canada and Alaska. The Mainstay 3600 Emergency Ration are sold by the case (10 each) or individually.
* 5 year Shelf Life on Mainstay Food Rations
* Mainstay Emergency Food is Non-Thirst Provoking
* Withstands Temperatures of -40° F to 300°F
* Mainstay Emergency Food is ready to eat. Each Mainstay 3600 Ration contains (9) 400 calorie meals.
* Mainstay 3600 individualized portions eliminate the messy breaking-up that occurs with other bars.
* Mainstay Rations allow for on-land emergency consumption in a high-stress active situation.
* Mainstay contains no cholesterol or tropical oils.
* Mainstay meets USCG standards. Mainstay's new packaging even meets stringent guidelines set by the Department of Defense (SOLAS 74/83).
* Mainstay Emergency Rations are enriched with vitamins and minerals exceeding RDA requirements.
* Pleasant lemon flavor which appeals to everyone.
* Mainstay™ emergency food rations are Kosher and meet the dictates for Halal.